Skip to main content

9 PROVEN STEPS

L E T ' S G E T S T A R T E D . . . . Getting to shoot weddings and tell couples stories is amazing! However, if you've ever shot a wedding before you know that they are anything but easy. They are often accompanied by massive stress and exhaustion. In it, you will find proven tools and strategies to crush it at every wedding and kick stress out the window. Huzzah! Let's get started! Ok, so here's the truth. There is no 100% correct way to shoot a wedding. When I first realized this I was like "DUDE, mind blown!" However, there is a correct way to shoot a wedding based on who you are as a person and what's your way to do it. Knowing how you should shoot a wedding depends on what style and stories YOU want to tell to others,if you want your wedding films to be more authentic and beautiful it might be strange to shoot your weddings like a yash Raj movie with tons of themes,parties, people's etc because India loves the Yash Raj movies wedding

Manas & Geetanjali Post Wedding BKJ Photography

12 July 2018 date was decided for the post-wedding shoot by Manas(client) and me. Due to his busy schedule and time of arrival was late we wouldn't be able to shoot the pre-wedding. He personally expects so much from me as per my past work results and I was also prepared for delivering him the best possible work from my side. We decided the evening time for the post-wedding shoot. we decided 2 pm (Indian time) for the arrival at the location. As always I knew it that this is somehow difficult due to the continuous workload of June and July month. I and my teammates were restless because of quick wrapping and due to my quick work nature, we forget the softbox and tripod which are very important types of equipment for pre-wedding and post-wedding setups. That day I carried types of equipment 2 Nikon D750, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8gm, Nikon 24-120 f4 kit lens, Nikon 85mm 1.8gm, drone DJI Mavic pro, Sony a6500 with Sigma 30mm 1.4 and lighting requirement yongnue yn685 with the controller.
Then I headed towards the location with my team by the car at 2 pm and with the client and arrived at 3:30 pm at Humma beach around 50km far from Berhampur city. then I started the photography session at 4 pm as per my work habits concern, I love to keep it simple for the first few shots so I tell them to keep talking while running in the seashore. I used Nikon  d750 with 70-200 lens and mark my point and sent some of my teammates to guide the clients. 
Here are some pictures-                 
               



  the 1st shot got completed moving to the second shot client goes to change their dresses at that time I saw the clouds they are just so perfect at that time and I want to use that cloudy sky as my background and after they came I asked Manas to lift his wife Geetanjali for a loveable look and I took 3 shots the 1st one is 1/3 length the 2nd one is kissing forehead and 3rd one is wider.    

    

I told them both to stand and look into each other's eyes in front of the camera.





In the quick  session, I found the sun is beating down and at that moment I told Manas and Geetanjali to look each other and I was trying to capture the sun flayers between there middle it made some nature romantic moments for this shots I use Nikon D750 with Nikon 70-200 mm lens with settings I placed my aperture as much close possible F22 and placed my ISO at 200 as per rule of triangle shutter put 1/125s for sweet spot for the perfect exposure and use one of my external flash for illuminating subject  by use of radio controller. 
Here are the images are given below-




we had taken some smoke fire for some more romantic shots same as 1st shots I marked my point using 70-200 mm lenses with Nikon D750 and sent some of my team members to expose the smoke fire and give to Manas and Geetanjali and instruct them properly, it took a long time to get a perfect one due to wind and due to the perfect expression. we took the shots again and again for that we have to take 3 packets of smoke fire per packet contained 5 smoke fires and we used 8 of it finally, I captured 2 perfect picture out of 40.
here are the images-



while thinking what to do next I and Manas saw a tree on the seashore, we want that tree as a sitting place and sea waves hitting both of them it will picture perfect for the frame.
This turn into my favorite shot of the day I can't explain about this shot because the expression is natural while the waves are hitting perfectly it was truly a romantic one image this is one of my personal favorite pics.



Both of them wet due to the previous shot so Manas and Geetanjali are gone for changing the clothes and I asked Geetanjali to put saree and Manas to formals.
while they are changing we spotted kites in the sky and I went to capture some of the images.
Here are the images of the bird-



Manas and Geetanjali came at 6:30 Indian time and I wondered I didn't bring softbox I don't want the images to not be overexposed. I asked my light man to set the perfect direction of the flash after some clicks I thank god it's a big relief for me because images came super cool.
Here are the images 

                   

 Finally, Manas-Geetanjali told me we will do some extraordinary long exposures with them with my magic glowing stick and steel wool.
Geetanjali was running out of time because of its already 7 pm Indian time, Manas too told me to make it quick in 15 minutes so I told Manas we will do only magic glowing stick shot. I didn't bring any tripod which is necessary when u are doing long exposures shots. So for the sake of saving time i put my camera on ground and set the shutter 1/15sec, apreture at 4, iso 50 and shoot it
Here are the images 
        

And the memorable post wedding ends and we return to home safely.

Do Follow - 
www.facebook.com/biswakamaljit       
www.instagram.com/bkj_photography                 
www.facebook.com/hello.bkjphotography
For bookings Do contact - +91-8895495582

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 PROVEN STEPS

L E T ' S G E T S T A R T E D . . . . Getting to shoot weddings and tell couples stories is amazing! However, if you've ever shot a wedding before you know that they are anything but easy. They are often accompanied by massive stress and exhaustion. In it, you will find proven tools and strategies to crush it at every wedding and kick stress out the window. Huzzah! Let's get started! Ok, so here's the truth. There is no 100% correct way to shoot a wedding. When I first realized this I was like "DUDE, mind blown!" However, there is a correct way to shoot a wedding based on who you are as a person and what's your way to do it. Knowing how you should shoot a wedding depends on what style and stories YOU want to tell to others,if you want your wedding films to be more authentic and beautiful it might be strange to shoot your weddings like a yash Raj movie with tons of themes,parties, people's etc because India loves the Yash Raj movies wedding